The Applied Biosystems® TaqMan® Genotyping Master Mix is optimized for end-point fluorescence detection in SNP genotyping applications.
• Distinct clusters and high call rates for unambiguous allelic discrimination
• Validated with TaqMan® SNP Genotyping Assays
• Excellent pre- and post-PCR stability for high throughput setup and analysis
May be used for a variety of genotyping applications, including:
• Candidate gene studies
• Drug-target validation
• Disease association studies
• Population genetics
• Linkage mapping
• Agricultural applications
Reaction size is based on a 50 µl reaction volume; please see below for other reaction sizes.
Exceptional Performance from an Optimized Mix (2X)
Accurate genotype assignments result from preferential binding of the allele-specific probe to the matching target. TaqMan® Genotyping Master Mix enables specific binding of the probe to achieve exceptional cluster resolution. Key features include:
• AmpliTaq Gold® DNA Polymerase, UP (Ultra Pure) – Automatic hot start enzyme designed to be active during thermal cycling and inactive at room temperature for easy reaction setup.
• Optimized mix components provide excellent specificity for discrimination between alleles
• Passive internal reference based on proprietary ROX™ dye for increased precision on Applied Biosystems® real-time PCR instruments
• Single thermal cycling condition for consistent results with TaqMan® Assays
Validated with TaqMan® Genotyping Assays and Instruments
TaqMan® Genotyping Master Mix has been tested across all types of TaqMan® SNP Genotyping Assays: TaqMan® Drug Metabolism Genotyping Assays, TaqMan® SNP Genotyping Assays, and Custom TaqMan® SNP Genotyping Assays. In addition, the master mix is validated with the Applied Biosystems® thermal cyclers and real-time PCR systems.
High-Throughput Setup and Analysis
The combination of several low-cost thermal cyclers for PCR and a single real-time PCR instrument for allelic discrimination make high throughput SNP genotyping manageable. TaqMan® Genotyping Master Mix further improves high-throughput setup and analysis with excellent room temperature stability both before and after PCR. This provides the flexibility required to run long experiments, unattended overnight or over a weekend.
Reliable Discrimination with Challenging Targets
Amplicon design constraints make SNP detection challenging, particularly when targets contain an abundance of GC- or AT-rich regions. The optimized components of TaqMan® Genotyping Master Mix result in tight, well-separated clusters and more accurate allele-calls compared to other mixes, even for challenging targets.
Setting the Industry Standard for Quality
Extensive analytical and functional tests are performed for each manufactured lot of TaqMan® Genotyping Master Mix, including one TaqMan® SNP Genotyping Assay and one TaqMan® Drug Metabolism Genotyping Assay. Results are compiled in an informative Certificate of Analysis, which is accessible through the Applied Biosystems® Web site (search for 'Certificate of Analysis').